Anne began her professional career in 1983 with Wollongong City Council. During her time with Wollongong City Council she worked in statutory and strategic development areas. She assessed a broad range of development applications including major applications for residential, commercial and industrial developments. She has often been required to present information to community forums and other stakeholder groups to assist in project assessment.
Anne was seconded to work on Council’s submission to the Helensburgh Commission of Inquiry which considered appropriate land use development around the township of Helensburgh. The township borders the Royal National Park and drains to the Hacking River Catchment and is significant because of the historical and ecological context of the site.
Anne's experience in planning and development of public planning policy led to an invitation to lecture on Planning Law at the University of Western Sydney. Now her experience and skills are a valuable asset to the Siteplus team.
Major achievement include
- Written city wide Local Environmental Plans and Development Control Plans.
- Authoring and co-authoring policies for the city of Wollongong. These projects include Dual Occupancy and Urban Consolidation Policies and development of guidelines for multi-unit housing.
- Writing Council’s submissions for the Helensburgh Commission of Inquiry which considered appropriate land uses for the township of Helensburgh.
- Briefed and organised resources for an independent Mediator to negotiate issues between the conservation community, land owners, developers and the general community for the Gills Creek Catchment.
- Represented Council on the Hacking River Catchment Management Committee This representation required the development of a strategic plan for the management of the catchment, negotiating and resolving community expectations and the resource commitment capacity.
Areas of Expertise
- Development Assessment
- Statutory Planning
- Strategic Policy Formulation and Review
- Community Consultation
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Wollongong (1988)
- Diploma of Urban and Regional Planning, University of New England (1997)