Ajay has twenty five years of experience in design and construction and in depth knowledge of civil and structural engineering practice for both government and private enterprise. His civil engineering projects range from residential driveway design to detailed design and documentation of several 500 lot subdivisions, including drainage and management. His structural engineering projects ranged from residential buildings to industrial buildings and bridge design & construction.
Ajay has aquired comprehensive working knowledge in project design and documentation, project planning and management, project and contract administration including site supervision, management and effective use of resources, quality control, temporary works design preparation & tender submission, reviews and reports. His wide experience allows him to apply specifications and guidelines from local Councils, RTA, NSW Department of Housing and product specifications to solve engineering design issues. He has comprehansive knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and Codes including steel, concrete, masonry, timber, footing, loading, and drainage.
Ajay’s experience includes the following:
- Extensive field experience in engineering surveying and setting out and collection of data for design.
- Investigation, design and documentation of urban and rural roads and intersections to Council/RTA standards.
- Investigation, design and documentation of subdivisions and integrated developments
- Investigation, review and documentation of minor/ major drainage systems including OSD and stormwater design.
- Preparation of design briefs for consultants and progressive reporting of the works.
- Detailed working knowledge of AutoCAD drawing software, Landmark Survey and Civil Design Package and HEC-RAS and ILSAX software
- Flood studies, dams and major trunk drainage design and review.
- Stormwater management and erosion control designs to EPA standards.
- Preparation of traffic control plans to RTA/Australian Standard.
- Project documentation including bill of quantities, work specifications, and preparation of tender documents for both building and civil structures.
- Project managing, superintending and inspection of both civil and building projects.
- Liaison with the clients and statutory authorities
- Research to keep abreast of latest engineering design aids and practices, Design & Construction references books and literature, Australian Standards, Austroads Guides.
- Perform quality control checks to ensure compliance of the documentation and drawings to relevant Council/Government standards.
- Structural design of residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Structural design of civil structures such as bridges, box culverts, pits, retaining wall, signs, water & OSD tanks.
- Supervision of design engineers and technical staff and coordination of staff and works to complete project.
Areas of Expertise
- Civil engineering
- Road & drainage design
- Hydraulic Modelling
- Projects and Systems Management
- Structural Engineering
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Curtin University of Western Sydney (1991).
- Diploma in Civil Engineering and Diploma in Construction Studies, Fiji Institute of Technology
- Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia.